A print version of my resume, somewhat trimmed down to fit one page,
is available for download as a
PDF or a
Front-End Developer — GSN Games, Inc. —
June 2014–January 2017
- Wrote application logic, Angular.js UI views, Less
stylesheets, and SQL database migrations for new
GSN Casino features including progressive jackpots,
achievements, cross-promotion dialogs, and decorative
holiday themes. GSN Casino is an app for the Facebook
Canvas platform. We A/B tested each user-facing change.
- Helped develop a container layer, mock server, and Gulp
build process so HTML5 games could be added alongside
GSN Casino's catalog of Flash and Unity games.
- Expanded and refactored the features of GSN Casino's
admin configuration website.
- Trained a remote developer team.
- Wrote unit tests using Jasmine and Istanbul.
- Participated in code reviews using Crucible.
Software Engineer — FunMobility, Inc. —
October 2010–May 2014
- Worked with external teams to code more than 15 multiplayer
HTML5 games for the FunChat iOS/Android mobile app.
- Designed and built a distributed transactional memory model
and an iframe-based game previewer for multiplayer
- Defined an API and wrote a build script and a Node.js mock
server to support a product pipeline for AppWidgets,
a SaaS platform of mobile marketing campaigns (e.g. surveys
and coupons). AppWidgets customers configure their
mobile push campaigns on the Web with in-browser preview.
- Helped code four AppWidgets widgets and their Web
- Helped code the iOS/Android app Chiquita FanFun (IBM
LEADER Award winner) and the iOS app ISSMM CONVERGE
Chicago 2012 based on AppWidgets technology.
- Was solo coder for an Android wallpaper app,
Live Wallpaper Planet: Earthscapes.
- Trained two coworkers in HTML5.
Web Developer — Linfield College —
February 2007–December 2008
- Built a PHP- and MySQL-backed CRUD interface scriptable for
new record types and field input methods.
Web interface for rearranging department faculty listings.
- Assisted the webmaster with updating page templates and
debugging the site.
Developer — Google Summer of Code — Summer 2008
- Wrote an application and proposal that was granted
- Built Groovy Science, an open source library which provides
a symbolic expression format with support for pattern
match-and-replace operations. This was intended as a glue
layer to help interface Groovy with existing scientific Java
libraries such as JScience.
QA Tester and Software Engineer — Pronto Games, Inc. —
- Tested the Game Boy Advance games Ten Pin Alley 2 and
- Created, maintained, and submitted to a Microsoft Access bug
database, which smoothed collaboration between the QA and
- Configured the existing BREW cell phone games
Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and
Galaga to work on dozens more handsets.
- Programmed some 2D physics primitives for a J2ME version of
Katamari Damacy that was never released.
Student — Linfield College —
September 2005–January 2009
- Made the Top 200 List in the 2008 Putnam Mathematics
- Received Honorable Mention for team participation in the
2008 Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
- Received a B.A. in Mathematics with a minor in Computer
Science in less than four years, with a 3.360 GPA.
Arc, ActionScript 3, PHP, XML, Ant, C, C++, SQL, LATEX,
Windows (with Cygwin) or macOS or Linux Mint; Chrome dev tools;
Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA or Atom; GitHub; command-line git or
TortoiseSVN; JIRA and Crucible; WinMerge; grep; GIMP.
More about me
In my spare time, I design
and interactive fiction tools, striving for a world where every
being is well cared for. I also like to pass the time with TCGs,
comedy anime, Mega Man remixes, and reverse engineering.